Master leg-spinner Anil Kumble announced today to retire from One Day Cricket and Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) office-bearers will be in action to arrange for a formal announcement on his retirement from One-day cricket in the next few days. Kumble, the 36-year-old cricketer, arguably India’s best bowler and certainly the most potent match-winner.Kumble, during his long career of 113 Tests and 271 One-Day Internationals, was the architect of many Indian triumphs in both formats of the game. His record of 547 wickets in Tests and 337 scalps in One-dayers is a testimony to his longevity and perseverance.
Some highlights of Kumble carrer
* Arjuna award, a sports award from the Government of India, in 1995
* One of the Wisden Cricketers of the Year, in 1996
* Among the 16 cricketers shortlisted for the Wisden Indian Cricketer of the 20th Century, in 2002
* Padma Shri, award from the Government of India, in 2005
* Fastest Indain bowler to acheive 50 test wickets (in 10 matches)
* Second fastest Indian bowler to reach 100 Test wickets (in 21 Test matches), after Erapalli Prasanna.
* Kumble is one of only two bowlers to have taken all 10 wickets in a Test innings. other is Jim Laker on England.
* 5 wickets in a Test innings 31 times.
* 10 wickets in a test match 8 times.
* World record for the largest number of caught-and-bowled dismissals in tests, 25.
Watch Kumble perfetc 10 here :
Kumble jumbo effort despite being having a broken jaw he came to bowl and dismissed Brian Lara.