- Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi - No Kumble in Indian squad this time yes this is the Place where Kumble took 10 wickets in a test match single innings.
- Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai - Already hosted one world cup final.
- M. A. Chidambaram stadium, Chennai - rebuilt for the World Cup. No Saedd Anwar this time. His record 194 was scored here against India.
- Eden Gardens (Kolkata, India) Capacity: 80,000 Biggest ground in India and enjoys a status akin to the Lord's. Famous for its passionate and vocal crowd and has previously hosted World Cup matches in 1987 and 1996. Of late, spinners like Harbhajan Singh and Anil Kumble inspired famous victories against Australia and Pakistan.
- Feroz Shah Kotla (New Delhi, India) Capacity: 48,000 India leg-spinner Anil Kumble famously took his 10 Test wickets in an innings on this ground in 1999 against Pakistan.
- Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai, India) Capacity: 45,000 Host of the final on April 2, the entire stadium was torn down and rebuilt from scratch. Proximity of the ground to the sea allows swing bowlers a fair amount of assistance early on.
- M. A. Chidambaram stadium (Chennai, India) Capacity: 50,000 The historic ground, better known as the Chepauk, has been rebuilt for the World Cup. Pakistan's Saeed Anwar scored 194 against India in an Independence Cup match in 1997 at this venue.
- Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali - This is nearer to me and I haven't watched any world cup match here hopefull will get to watch semi-final here if India manage to reach the semi finals.
- Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur - This venuw has the histoty of having high soring matches.
- Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahemdabad - Fully renovated one with state of the art technology
- Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore - hosted World Cup matches in 1987 and 1996 including the fiercely-fought quarterfinal between India and Pakistan in March, 1996.
- Premadasa Stadium, Sri Laka - Seven matches including one semi final for this only stadium in Sri Lanka with floodlights.
- Pallekele Cricket Stadium , Sri Laka - New stadium built for world cup only.
- Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sri Lanka - this is is also new one build by Sri Lanka board for world cup
- Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Bangladesh - Held under 19 world cup matches in the past.
- Sher-E-Bangla Cricket Stadium , Bangladesh -two quarter finals to be played here in a total of six matches.
World Cup Live Score – Match 8 & 9 - Australia v New Zealand, Bangladesh v Ireland
25-Feb-2011 – Two matches will be played today one at 9:30 a.m I.S.T between Australia and New Zealand and the second one will be a day night match starting at 2:30 p.m IST. You can catch all the live action of both world cup matches here at ICC Cricket Blog.
Match between Australia and New Zealand is going to be an exciting match, although New Zealand team lost to Bangladesh and India in the series played in Bangladesh and New Zealand respectively. I still think they must have done the required refinements in the team and there world cup strategies. Australia too is not having a good series against England. They lost the ashes and now in one day series they lost the recent game. However it is totally a different scenario when you are playing a world cup tournament. Hence I see this match as a closer one in the world cup matches of group A. Watch the live score of the match here, enjoy the game.
Second match today between Bangladesh and Ireland can be virtually a knock out one and I see winner from this match will have 60% chances of making it to the next round of the world cup. Bangladesh has here a little edge over Ireland because of home conditions and experienced team.
Watch the live scores of both the matches and in case you have any query, feedback post as a comment or email at email@example.com
South Africa may have been number 2 or number 3 ranked team in ICC Cricket Rankings for both one day and test cricket for many years, but this team has always hard luck when it comes to major ICC tournaments like ICC World Cup, Champions Trophy etc. West Indies on the other hand was the champion in the initial years when cricket was growing as a sport. AFter winning the first two world cup tournaments West Indies team is on a decline and never looked so threatning it was once with 5 fast bowlers in the bowling and some really tough hitting batsmen.
I personally want West Indies win this world cup reasons are it will become the team to win maximum number of world cups after Australia and at the same time it would get the game some life in West Indies.
Let wait and watch which team will win the worlc cup. Enjot the tournament.
Blow the the teams of other nations who just declared the 15 members world cup squad:
1. NewZealand World cup squad:
Daniel Vettori, Hamish Bennett, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock.
Players to watch for: Daniel Vettori and Jesse Ryder
2. England: Andrew Strauss (capt), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Paul Collingwood, Eoin Morgan, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Ajmal Shahzad, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Jonathan Trott, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy
Players to watch for: Kevin Pietersen and Paul Collingwood
3. Ireland world cup squad: William Porterfield (capt), Andre Botha, Alex Cusack, Niall O'Brien (wk), Kevin O'Brien, George Dockrell, Trent Johnston, Nigel Jones, John Mooney, Boyd Rankin, Paul Stirling, Albert van der Merwe, Gary Wilson (wk), Andrew White, Ed Joyce.
4. India world cup team: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Piyush Chawla, R Ashwin
Players to watch: Sachin, Sehwag, Yusuf Pathan
5. Australia squad : Shane Watson, Brad Haddin (wk), Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Cameron White, Tim Paine (wk), Steven Smith, John Hastings, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait, Doug Bollinger.
Players to watch: Hussey brothers
6. South African team for the world cup: Graeme Smith (capt), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, AB de Villiers (wk), JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Colin Ingram, Jacques Kallis, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Dale Steyn, Imran Tahir, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Morne van Wyk (wk)
Players to watch: Hamla, Duminy, Kallis, Steyn
Till noe both Pakistan and Kenya have not decalred the teams for the world cup so I am unable to predict much about the future of both the teams in world cup. Will let you know about the team as declaration in dont my the team selectors.
England are already the T20 world champions and wil eb looking forward to win the cup they have never won earlier. England team confidence must alsol be higher after winning the Ashes but more can be predicted by the one day serices of seven matches they will play against Australia.
Will birng you more updates, keep visiting.
Sri Lanka Cricket board today announced the 15 member squad for the cricket world cup 2011. The way they have announced the list of 30 probables I was expecting the senoior member like Sanath jaysurya and Chaminda Vass in the team. Particularly sanath Jaysurya he has great recode in the Indian subcontinent and was the main player behind the Sri Lankan world cup win the in woreld cup held in the sub continent years back.
Below is the Sri Lankan team for the world cup:
Kumar Sangakkara (captain), Mahela Jayawardene (vice-captain), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Thilan Samaraweera, Chamara Silva, Chamara Kapugedera, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Rangana Herath.
New India Assurance will provide insurance cover against terror and adverse weather. BCCI will take additional insurance cover for all 8 Indian venues. The World Cup begins on February 19.
The 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup will be the tenth Cricket World Cup, and will be hosted by three South Asian Test cricket playing countries; India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. It will take place during the months of February and March 2011, with the first match being played on 19 February 2011.
29 matches out of 49 will be played in India including one quarterfinal, semi-final and final, 12 matches in Sri Lanka including one quarterfinal and semifinal and eight matches in Bangladesh including two quarterfinals.The tournament begins in Mirpur, Dhaka, on 19 February with the much-anticipated opener between co-hosts Bangladesh and India.
News Source: http://profit.ndtv.com/news/show/icc-world-cup-2011-gets-insured-for-rs-600-crore-134155?pfrom=home-Business&cp
Netherlands is the first nations fo announcew the 15-man squad for the world cup. the deadline for announcing hte 15 membed squad is January 19 but since several of their players in Netherlands team are not full-time professional cricketers and need to balance the World Cup with their other jobs. Netherlands, who are in Group B, will play their first game against England on February 22.